Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Social Media - which one are the best for my business?

Everyday we spent a lot of time writing blogs, posting information on our facebook pages, tweeting, uploading videos on youtube and etc.

Recently I was questioning myself - which platforms are the best to grow our business? Let's face it it's impossile to use them all. So I did a simple comparable.
Let’s take a look:

1. Active Rain

  • I connect with other professionals
  • I learn something new everyday
  • Helps me to implement different tools to grow my business
  • Offers a lot of training
  • Brings the google juice
  • Great for SEO
  • I’m seen as local expert

2. Tweeter

  • Enables to send a very short messages (no more than 140 characters)
  • Easy to monitor what others are saying about me
  • Easy way to promote my business
  • Help me engage with friends and customer
  • Bring traffic to my website
  • My tweets shows on google

3. Facebook

I can:

  • Build my profile
  • Connect with my friends
  • Share my opinions
  • Build my brand page
  • Use different facebook application to grow my business
  • Not to great for SEO

4. YouTube

  • Enables a video sharing
  • I’m seeing as an interent PRO
  • Easy tool to brand my business
  • Bring traffic to my website
  • Great for my SEO

After writing this short summary I did some research and I came across this very visual scheme from cmo.com - CLICK HERE OR ON THE IMAGE (it will enlarge so you can read). The diagram shows all the advantages of using social media including linkedin, digg, stumbleupon, reddit.

My only question is. Why Active Rain is not on the list?
Which are YOU using the most?

The Social Media statistics

No comments:

Post a Comment