Paseo Vista Recreation Area
3850 S. McQueen Rd.
Northwest Corner of McQueen Rd. and Ocotillo Rd.
Chandler residents can now enjoy the unique amenities of the long-awaited Paseo Vista! 64-acre park was built on top of the City landfill.
The facility includes:
- disc golf course
- dog park
- picnic areas
- and more than a mile of walking trails
For almost 30 years it was a working landfill, man-made dirt mound rising above the streets and nearby houses.
Vehicle access is off McQueen Rd., ¼-mile north of Ocotillo Rd., and there are more than 330 parking spaces. Direct access is also available to bicyclists, joggers and others via the adjacent Paseo Trail along the Consolidated Canal. Additional pedestrian access points will be opened when the McQueen Rd. widening project is completed later this year.
PASEO VISTA AMENITIES
- Bark Park (one of four Dog Parks in Chandler)
- Disc Golf Course
- Archery Range (Archery classes will be offered)
- Playground ( swings, slides, climbing rocks, a large spherical jungle gym made of cables, and an educational “trash wall”)
- Great Views (40-foot-high lookout point, spectacular 360-degree views of the East Valley)
For more information on the Paseo Vista Recreation Area, contact 480-782-2754.